Join award-winning author Heather King for a weekend of contemplation and conversation at the Notre Dame Global Centre located at Kylemore. Where better to gather than the enchanted landscape of Connemara?
How do we respond to the divine spark in our hearts to write, paint, sculpt, teach, build? How do we stay the course, earn a livelihood, remain faithful to our calling? How shall we go about laying down our lives for the sake of our neighbors and of humanity?
All are invited, in the words of St. John Paul II, “who are passionately dedicated to the search for new ‘epiphanies’ of beauty.
- 30 August - 1 September 2024
- 6-8 September 2024
- €800 ($890) for one person
- €1035 ($1,150) for two people sharing
- 2 Night Accommodation Single Ensuite at the Notre Dame Global Centre at Kylemore Abbey
- All Meals by renowned Chef David Harrison with locally sourced ingredients
- Tuition & Cultural Programing
PLEASE NOTE: Cost does NOT include travel to Ireland.
Participants are asked to bring:
- writing tools
- comfortable clothing
- Pope (now Saint) John Paul II’s Letter to Artists
- Rainer Maria Rilke’s Letters to a Young Poet (Optional)
“We come into this world with sealed orders.” -- Søren Kierkegaard
Heather King is an award-winning author, columnist, public speaker, workshop leader, and blogger. Her books include Shirt of Flame: A Year with St. Thérèse of Lisieux, Holy Desperation: Praying As If Your Life Depends On It, and Harrowed: Life Lessons from the Garden. She speaks nationwide, contributes to Magnificat Magazine monthly, and writes a weekly column on arts and culture for Angelus News, the archdiocesan newspaper of L.A. She has received writing fellowships from the Djerassi Center for the Arts, the Dorland Mountain Arts Colony, the Helene Wurlitzer Foundation, and the Ucross Foundation.
For more, visit heather-king.com.
Related Articles: My Desk Is an Alter