Notre Dame International’s mission at Kylemore is to create a vibrant, educational, intellectual, and spiritual center where Notre Dame and Irish students can engage with each other. The Kylemore Abbey Global Centre works with the Dublin Global Gateway to dynamically broaden Notre Dame’s engagement within Ireland and foster international connectivity, serving as a conduit between campus and the wider European and American university network.
We welcome groups from Notre Dame, other organizations, and the local community for events, conferences, lectures, and retreats.
We encourage Arts and Letters faculty and staff to contact the Academic Conferences team on the Notre Dame campus for larger events.
Applications are accepted for programs occurring between May 1 and September 30. If a program would like to use the Kylemore Abbey Global Centre outside of the summer dates, such as in the fall or spring, please contact the director for availability.
The following criteria will be considered on review of the proposal:
- type of event
- duration of use
- number of participants
- participating faculty/staff-to-student ratio
Undergraduate and graduate programs are encouraged as well as professional or academic conferencing. Applications from outside of Notre Dame are accepted.
Additional application details:
- all office requirements and supplies should be considered when putting together the budget
- advanced meal requirements must be submitted at the time of booking
- meal plans can be tailored to accommodate the times and scheduling of the programs
Submissions for proposed programming should be made at least six months in advance of the start date.
- Coaches and private cars are available to bring participants to and from Kylemore.
- Classroom space includes paper, pens and welcome pack to Kylemore.
- Meal plans are tailored to suit the program's requirement and budget.
- Audio/visual rental cost will be determined on an as-needed basis; Kylemore is fully equipped to campus standards, and in most cases additional AV equipment is not necessary.
- Opening and closing receptions can be held at Kylemore. Optional refreshments are available for an additional cost, including items such as wine, prosecco, hot canapes, cold canapes, miniature desserts, and cheese plate.
There are a wide range of activities to take advantage of while at Kylemore. Hiking, pony trekking, sheep shearing, and visits to the beach are just a few of the many excursions available. Download our activity guide.